Friday, June 3, 2011

How much would it cost to build a wooden ship?

I want to either build a ship or buy one. I don't mean a boat, I mean a ship! Big, made of wood, kinda like you would see in Pirates of the Caribean, but not so...Ornate. I'm not too sure about the size, but maybe 24 by 8? Large enough to be able to have maybe 10-15 people moving freely. The front would come to a point, the railing would be like poles with a handrail, the back would tower above the deck, with a door leading to below deck and with stairs to on top of this area, and below deck with the same shape as the deck, minues the towering part and about 6-7 feet tall, if possible with a 3rd deck with a bit of walking room. There would be no mast or sails. Hopefully this makes a basic picture of waht I mean. Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to build, or have someone build, a ship like this made out of a lightweight wood like pine. If anyone could help, please let me know.How much would it cost to build a wooden ship?it sounds good to have dreamy thought! since i was bit concerned with such work, i may give rough estimate. first of all, ship cost depends mainly on its power and interiors. if you wanna have a simple ship, it ll cost around 45 to 65 lac.