Friday, June 3, 2011

My husband owns our home. The mortgage has been paid off. What does it cost to have my name added to the title?

I have been married for 14 years %26amp; as it is second time around my husband is the sole owner of our home. The mortgage has been paid off %26amp; I feel I need to have my name added to the title deeds. How much would this cost ?My husband owns our home. The mortgage has been paid off. What does it cost to have my name added to the title?Why would you want to do that, you'll screw him out of it if/when you divorce him.My husband owns our home. The mortgage has been paid off. What does it cost to have my name added to the title?US answer:

The mortgage is paid off?

Your answer is simple.

Call your property tax people.

They will tell you which building to go to - deeds office.

Might be in the same building in small towns.



For about $40 you get your name added to the title.

Disclaimer: This is just a guess - but it is very simple to do this and not very costly.

Just make a phone call or two. It should be really simple and not costly.

/My husband owns our home. The mortgage has been paid off. What does it cost to have my name added to the title?hmmmmm i hope your husband doesnt sees this thread on yahoo answers .... he will surely have a panic attack!!!My husband owns our home. The mortgage has been paid off. What does it cost to have my name added to the title?Very little.

Go to an attorney to have a Quitclaim deed from Hubby to hubby and you drawn up, and recorded. There are options for title: joint tenancy (JTWROS), tenancy in common and tenancy by the entirety. Geerally married couples choose the first or third.My husband owns our home. The mortgage has been paid off. What does it cost to have my name added to the title?I do not think it will cost you anything but to make sure you should contact your local County Attorneys office for free info. Also I am sure you have a local Real estate office that will do the same at no charge. Good luck and God Bless!My husband owns our home. The mortgage has been paid off. What does it cost to have my name added to the title?If you have money to burn go to a lawyer and he will do it for you for. Or go to a title company and they will make up the new deed and record it with the County Recorder. Or have a internet legal document company, like Legal-Zoom do it.



I would get a copy of a Quit-Claim deed free off the internet and do it myself. Just copy the verbiage off the old Grant Deed and add your name, say that your husband is granting you 50% interest in the property, and copy the property description exactly from the old deed.



You will have to pay to have the deed notarized and pay the county the recording fee. For most people going to a title company is the cheapest and easiest way to go. They will do everything for you at the minimum cost.....and they will also record the deed for you.