Friday, September 23, 2011

How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse's?

I%26#039;m planning on getting married in a year and I%26#039;m not quite sure how much you are suppose to spend on rings. My sister, getting married next month, spent $900 on her future husbands ring and he got her a $2000 engagement ring and a $800 wedding ring. So i was wondering how much were your rings?How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?Don%26#039;t spend any more than you can afford: that%26#039;s the best guideline, not what other people spent, not some percentage of your income. My engagement ring was a family heirloom that my husband%26#039;s mother left him when she died a few years ago. Due to the style of the ring, I chose not to get a separate wedding band, so I wear just the one ring, which cost nothing. My husband chooses not to wear a wedding ring, so I didn%26#039;t buy him one, so the cost again is nothing. It%26#039;s not the price of the rings that matters, it%26#039;s the love in the couple that counts.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?Engagement Ring - $800

(with a small diamond - 10k white/yellow gold mix)



Wedding Ring - $275

(10k white gold band engraved with %26quot;ti amo%26quot;)



His Wedding Ring - $275

(10k yellow gold band engraved with %26quot;ti amo%26quot;)



($25 for the engraving on the wedding rings)How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?Honestly, in this economy I think it is irresponsible to go over the top with spending for engagement and wedding rings. I think you%26#039;re going to see in the next couple of years here that the trend will start going toward smaller, more understated rings. You and your fiance should budget at least $1000 total for both your wedding bands, and most engagement rings fall between $1000-2000. I don%26#039;t know what kind of metal your sister%26#039;s husband%26#039;s ring is made out of, but I don%26#039;t believe I%26#039;ve ever heard of a $900 men%26#039;s wedding band. Does it have diamonds in it??



Personally, my engagement ring cost about $750 (which is about $500 more than I wanted him to spend on it because I think it%26#039;s silly to pay so much for a shiny rock), and we got a great deal on our wedding bands because we bought them at a jewelry store that was going out of business. My wedding band ended up being about $600 (discounted from $750) and his titanium wedding band, which originally cost $125, was discounted to an unbelievable $40!! We went in on the purchase of our wedding bands together, 50/50, because I didn%26#039;t think it was fair for him to have to pay over $1000 for two different rings, when all his cost was $40. Besides, I fell in love with a wedding band with a few little diamonds in it, and I%26#039;d originally planned on just getting a plain white gold one, so I wanted to chip in for the extra cost.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?Her%26#039;s was $2,800 on sale for $1,200 for the set (wedding and engagement ring) 1K total weight a half K center stone and the rest on the band.



Mine was $280



I was reading something yesterday that now is a good time to buy because demand for diamonds is way down.



Don%26#039;t forget to haggle with them, your the boss.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?My FH had my engagement ring made but it appraised for $1300 in 2007 but he didn%26#039;t pay anywhere NEAR that price. The diamond guard that I will be using with my engagement ring to make my wedding ring was a steal: $350! His wedding band cost $700.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?I think the engagement ring is supposed to be 2 1/2 months of your salary or his salary whoever is buying the ring. The rings should be less than 1,000 U.S.



Start with what you like or is the ring you think you like then look at price. You can always get an affordable ring that kind of looks like the one you want but cant afford. My wife%26#039;s ring was close to 10K and our rings were under 1,000 U.S.

It also depends on if you think down the line you may upgrade to something bigger on a anniversary.

Bottom line get what you can afford now and plan for a future upgradeHow much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?sounds like your sister got her Husband platinum band..or it must have diamonds in it if its gold...

i think most people now go for white gold bands so thats about 200-300 each if yours has diamonds it will add up..

E.ring could cost anywhere from 500 to 5,000 +..average its about 1200 it all depends on the metal they use and how many Diamonds and the quality of them..



my fiance wants a plain platinum band about 2.5mm wide and its about 900..my band will be a little bore because its also platinum and small diamonds to match my e.ring..



You should spend only what you feel comfortable spending..not what everyone else spends..How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?My engagement ring was $2200 my band is being made custom made, when he bought my engagement ring it wasnt a %26quot;set%26quot; and its has a different design. It has to be made custom, any regular even small band would literally look stupid with it. It is about $1100. It does not have diamonds in it, but if you look at peramore.com its supposedly platinum and copper hammered together. I guess they call it %26quot;handcrafted%26quot; or something. I figure I am planning almost everything, he can have this one expensive thing. He will wear it forever, so why not?



My fiance says he HAS to have this wedding ring I showed him in one of my bridal magazines, its made by Per Amore and its fromt he L%26#039;Eternita collection, its $1350.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?I spent just over $3500 on her engagement ring... $1600 on the wedding bands.... and I believe my ring is in the $1000 range.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?Engagement ring was about $4,000. My fiance saved up %26amp; had a ring made.



My wedding band was $115. My fiance%26#039;s wedding band was $110. Neither of those were custom made or specially sized.



You really need to look at what you can afford. You shouldn%26#039;t go into debt for any piece of jewelry.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?My engagement ring and wedding band came together in a set. We got them for $1200. My husband was surprised because he had more money set aside and wanted to make sure it was what I really wanted. But I loved it!

I paid $300 for my husband%26#039;s ring. It mind sound like we%26#039;re cheap people, but we%26#039;re really not, we just found what we wanted and it was a plus that they weren%26#039;t as a expensive as we thought they%26#039;d be!How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?We didn%26#039;t do an engagement ring, but the wedding band I picked out will be about $2300.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?My engagement ring was $4200 and wedding band was $4300 and my husbands wedding band was $450.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?The engagement ring...the old saying was 2 1/2 months salary, but that would make my engagement ring over 5,000 and I would kill him if he spent that kinda money on my ring. I want 3/4 carat, round, solitaire, on a white gold band. My wedding ring, I%26#039;d like diamond in a channel setting. My boyfriend wants titanium.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?Engagement ring: $1000

My wedding band: $125 (on sale)

His wedding band: $450 (on sale)How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?Engagement Ring: $210 (and he got me the VERY one I wanted without so much as a hint from me!)

My Wedding Ring: $169

His Wedding Band: $51 (I had it custom made by an art student, and it looks PERFECT). It%26#039;s titanium with a frosty inlay. I felt kind of bad that his ring cost so much less than mine, but his ring is exactly what he wanted =]



Considering the economy, and the fact that the ring does not put a roof over your head, keep you warm, or well-fed I would see it as irresponsible to spend hundreds, if not thousands on them. Rings are an outward sign of an inner commitment and love, not a status symbol. Too few understand that sadly.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?I bought the wifes engagement ring for 3 grand,they said it was on sale,had it listed for 4 grand. Gave $700 for her band. She gave around $400 for mine.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?Mine is actually a set that cost around $350 like this but yellow gold http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?p

I love it, and am sad that they are no longer making this set I think its beautiful.



Fiances wedding band was $150



We didn%26#039;t feel the need for extravagant ringsHow much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?My husband spent $8,700 on my engagement ring. But, he still had the engagement ring from his previous fiancee (7 yrs prior) that was valued at $4000 and most store%26#039;s policies are that they will give you the entire purchase price back only if you double the purchase price. He was planning on doing that anyways, so it was no big deal to him to do that. Basically, he spent $4000 on the ring 7 yrs prior to even proposing to me, then only had to pay another $4700 when he actually got the ring.



My wedding band was $1000.



His wedding band was $900.



BUT, here is the catch, we can afford these prices. We both are very good at only spending what we can afford. We made sure to spend within our budget. And he didn%26#039;t go by the rule of it has to be 2 months salary. He spent what he thought was reasonable and what he wanted to. I told him he could have proposed with a twistie-tie off of the loaf of bread and I would have been just as happy.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?My engagement ring and wedding band was a set originally $3500 on sale for $1299. I bought my husband 2 different rings...1 for work...and 1 for all the time. I paid $130 for his %26quot;good%26quot; band and like $50 for his work band. I wouldn%26#039;t spend too much on a man%26#039;s ring cuz they get scratched and banged up to easily. With the economy the way it is....spending too much now is ridiculous....you can always upgrade later.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?My set was $1500 (Heart shaped stone and 6 smaller diamonds on the wedding band)



His set was $150 (Simple gold band with inlay)



My Husband wanted a simple gold band. I found one from a family jeweler and it was perfect. His is also engraved. Which I think was around $20. I paid for his band as I couldn%26#039;t see him buying both.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?1.25ct princess cut diamond f/vs1 ideal = $8,000

18KW micro pave wedding set mounting = $1,000

His 18KW 1cttw wedding band = $1,500

His titanium wedding band = $80 (hubby%26#039;s in the military so got him a ring he could jack up)

GRAND TOTAL = $10,580 w/o tax



got them at a discounted price because i worked for a jewelry store where i got them.



edit: both my wedding set and his wedding band were all well within our budget and we%26#039;re both very happy with them.



edit: whats the thumbs down for ?!?!?!



edit: i guess to a lot of people this is way to much to spend on e rings and wedding rings right? well if you can afford it then why not. people have different taste to what they like and i love my rings and so does he. we did however get engaged at 18 and at that time all he could afford was a small 1/3 ct round and i was more then fine with that. i was sporting it like i had a huge ring. i was happy and when we got married he decided to upgrade my rings to what he thought that i deserved. i told him that that was necessary but he insisted so we did and till this day i wear my wedding set he upgraded for me and also wear my first engagement ring he gave me when we were 18 on the other hand.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?Rings can vary in price depending on what you want. My husband%26#039;s ring is plain tungsten, we got it for under $100 but a friend of mine is getting married and her husband wanted a diamond in his ring so it is $800.



My rings (engagement and wedding) are heirlooms so I can%26#039;t say much about the cost of women%26#039;s rings. They can get very expensive!How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?My e-ring was $2200, we don%26#039;t have bands yet, but I don%26#039;t want to spend more than a few hundred on both of them.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?My husband%26#039;s ring was around $400. It was white and yellow gold in a hammered style. Unless you want platinum or something with diamonds in it, the typical plain male wedding band should be under $500.



My husband spent a lot on my wedding set (engagement ring and band were a set), but he spent what he could afford. We didn%26#039;t go into debt for it. I believe my rings cost around $9,000. I would have been happy with far less but that%26#039;s what he wanted to give me. He has a very well paying job so if you went off the 3 months salary rule he actually spent less than he was %26quot;supposed%26quot; to.



Congrats and good luck!How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?i spent 40k on my fiance%26#039;s ring and anohter 11k on the wedding band.

my wedding band was 16k



all were custom made. i made the engagement ring to what i thought she would like, she made her wedding badn to match the engagement ring and i helped .. she basically made my wedding band to coordinate with hers.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?My wedding ring was 675. my husband%26#039;s was 115. My engagement ring was 7600.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?We got my wedding/engagement ring for $76.00 and his cost $50.00. It%26#039;s not the price of the rings it%26#039;s the meaning behind them. You don%26#039;t need to over do it.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?You are not %26quot;supposed to%26quot; spend anything on rings. They are purely a tradition, and you can spend as much -- or as little -- as you like. Whatever you decide, it should be in your budget. No one should use a credit card or spend money they dont have for it. On the other hand, if you love fine jewelry and want this to be a major purchase, dont let anyone make you feel bad for it.



My engagement ring was 20k and wedding band was 10k, and my husbands wedding band was 1k. We happen to love jewelry and wanted to splurge on this, and we could afford to, so we did.



Bring on the thumbs down and judgement! My goodness... just get what make you happy.How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?Cough Cough, Gasp Gasp.....I must preclude this with....I sell them so I can at least tell you what I have learned...



Only 12% of people buy their diamond on line.

98% Buy from one of the show rooms I supply



When people buy from me on line they spend about 50% less...if not they end up getting a tiny under a carat diamond because its all they can spend.



Reputable sites include:



Bluenile.com, Zales.com and of course me Freddydiamonds.com



Take a look at each and a decent F-G vs2-si1 1 carat runs $1999 - $8999 just depends on where the person realistically sees their budget...mine are the cheap ones $1999How much did your wedding/engagement ring cost? What about your spouse%26#039;s?I%26#039;m not a fan of traditional diamond engagement rings for the woman only. We got matching silver engagement rings in a design that was meaningful to us for about $40 each, and gorgeous matching gold wedding rings from http://www.georginaettridge.co.uk for about $300 each.