Friday, September 23, 2011

What is the average cost to put trim around a door? PLEASE HELP!!?

I am fixing a house and wanted to know about how much would it cost for somebody to come to my house and put trim around one door? Could you give me an average price? I want a professional to do all the labor and all I want is around the doors. Just the trim AROUND the door. Like this picture here...



http://www.rd.com/images/tfhimport/2000/Nov00_Interior_Trim/20001101_Interior_Trim_page002img001What is the average cost to put trim around a door? PLEASE HELP!!?I'll do the best I can with this, but there are a lot of variables. BTW, the link didn't work.

One of the many variables is the trim molding itself. It can be relatively inexpensive for standard stock trims, or very expensive for custom made or special order millwork trims. I'll assume one of the many standard types. They cost *about* $2.25 per lineal foot, some a little less. So sticking with the high side of things, that's about $38.00 per side. So for both sides of the same door, it would be *about* $76.00 for materials. I believe some styles may come in at closer to $40.00 per side. The one I'm going by is a stock item, but with a little style to it as opposed to a very blah *sanitary* casing. Now add to that approximately double the price and you're *in the ballpark* for what a carpenter might charge for both supplying and installing the casings. You can adjust it up or down a little based on the price of the exact casing you will be using, but that is fairly close.

If you supply the casings, he might just charge a *by the hour* amount, or even a *by the door* amount. Though this is by no means written in stone, it should give you at least a reasonable idea of what to expect.

Al
  • vb
  • client time
  •